Pay Per Click Campaign Management
What Is Pay Per Click Marketing?
Pay Per Click Marketing is exactly what it sounds like. You advertise to your target market by identifying the keywords and search terms your prospective customers are typing into search engines and then bidding a price per click to have your ad show up in the Search Engine Results Pages.
These show up on Google, Yahoo!, and MSN search pages, generally on the right column and sometimes across the top of the left (organic search) column. They will be identified by a tag that says “Sponsored Links”. There will be up to 10 results per page displayed, all additional sponsored links will show up on subsequent pages, 10 at a time.
The minimum price per click you can bid is $0.05. The maximum is unlimited. Ideally, you want your ad to show up either on the top of the left column results or the top of the right column results. Any other position will not lead to consistent click thru rates.
What Is A Click Thru Rate?
Your Click Thru Rate is how many times your ad is clicked divided by how many times it is shown (remember, you only pay when your ad is clicked, not when it is shown, called an impression). Click Thru Rate is important because along with other key factors such as ad relevancy, landing page relevancy (the landing page is the page people land on after clicking your ad) and Quality Score, a high Click Thru Rate can actually allow your ad to display higher than your competitors for a lower price per click.
Let me say that again:
An Optimized PPC Ad With A High Click Thru Rate, Relevant Ad, Relevant Landing Page And High Quality Score Will Show Up Higher In The Results For Less Money Per Click Than Your Competitors Are Paying!
Sounds pretty sweet, no?
So Why Pay Per Click?
Pay Per Click Marketing has some serious advantages:
- You only pay when someone clicks on your ad. If your ads are well written, you can ensure that only interested, targeted customers will click on your ad.
- Pay Per Click Marketing is immediate. You can set up a new Ad Campaign and 15-20 minutes later, your ad will be showing up in the SERPs.
- Pay Per Click Marketing is extremely targeted. You decide on the search terms you want to show up for. If your customer is looking for “sandpoint restaurants”, for example, you set up your campaign to only show when people search for “sandpoint restaurants” and related keywords. No more throwing out advertising dollars and hoping it works.
- Constantly updated feedback statistics. What got clicked, what didn’t, how often, when, where are the clicks coming from. Totally targeted marketing. No more spending money and wondering if it’s worth it. With the feedback from PPC advertising, you’ll know what works and what doesn’t. Scrap what doesn’t and scale up what does.
What Are The Disadvantages Of PPC Marketing?
- It can be really expensive if you don’t know what you’re doing.
That’s it. If you don’t know how to properly implement a highly targeted and relevant Pay Per Click Marketing campaign, you’ll spend a lot of money learning on the fly.
Unless you chose to hire a professional marketing company that’s already been thru the learning curve of spending way too much money figuring out what and what doesn’t work. Then there are no disadvantages.
Contact us today to set up a free consultation on PPC Marketing and watch your advertising dollars become so much more effective than what you’re trying now.